Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery specializes in treating many diseases, injuries and defects in
neck, face, jaws and the hard & soft tissues of oral & maxillofacial region. It is a
recognized international surgical specialty and it is one of the nine specialties of
dentistry. Oral & maxillofacial surgeons are dentists with at least 3 years of additional
surgical training so they can do everything from treating facial
traumas to fixing cleft lips. They can diagnose and treat patients with head, neck and oral
• Over the next 03 years the strategic plan
period from 2019 to 2022 of the department is to
provide specialist health care education and training to under graduates and
• To conduct and publish relevant research and provide evidence based specialist health care.
• To review and implement academic programs in compliance with set policy and regulations.
• To offer services to our students, patients and in compliance with the Service Delivery Charter.
• To ensure utilization of resources in compliance with the set budgetary levels.
• To increase the patient Satisfaction Index by 1% annually.
• To increase the number of publications in refereed journals by at least 10% annually.
• Undertake Journal Club ,seminars and continuing medical education programs in partnership with professional associations.
• To strive and achieve research grants for department research purpose.
• To conduct guest lecturers ,symposiums and live surgical demonstrations annually.